Friday, February 13, 2015

Lesson 1
World Book Kids



For my animal I chose the Rag Doll Kitten, because I have always wanted one.  There is no information or pictures posted in the World Book Kids regarding a Rag Doll Kitten.


View this Picture

The Rag Doll Kitten can become a large cat that gets its name from its limpness.  When you pick it up, it flops over like a ragdoll. I chose this picture because its fur and markings are similar to a Birman cat.



For my country I chose Nepal.  I have good friends from church who are missionaries in Nepal.  I like to follow their ministry and with the civil war that was happening in Nepal, I would have enjoyed using the Maps Section and the Special Reports section.  The Encyclopedia Articles will also give me a better insight into their daily lives, so I can pass along information to other individuals in church as to how they cope with a different, changing culture.




I am a former homeschool mom, and know several homeschool moms.  Many homeschoolers wish to learn a second language, and this would be a perfect way for students to hear the proper pronunciation of the word.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved the Ragdoll cat. They are beautiful. (I used to do all my school reports on cats)

    You've made some great discoveries in World Book--as you noted, the ragdoll isn't in World Book Kids but it is mentioned in World Book Student. Many times one needs to look in World Book Student to locate specific info such as this.

    Great application for your country information.

    Wonderful discoveries this week!!

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete