Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lesson 3

I found the Learning Express Library very interesting.  There are so many college, career, and adult learning helps on this site!  I was excited to see all that is available; I will be promoting this product to our high school counselor and patrons that are looking for assistance in education or in jobs skills and improvements.

I chose a basic Math test to take.  I had to do some thinking…how quickly we forget! I can see how it would be a very good refresher course for someone wanting to brush up on their skills. 

I had to write a resume and cover letter when I applied for this job last fall.  I wish I would have known about the career resources section back then! This would be a great aid to someone who is job seeking.  I write a little column in our local paper each week, and will be including in it that an individual can find assistance in these areas at the local library.  What an amazing resource for a small town!

I read  the ebook “1001 Vocabulary and Spelling Questions.”  Was just like when I helped my sons with their vocab in high school!  I love learning new words and challenging spelling questions; this would be a fun way to improve and refresh my brain.


I was very impressed with this section of the State Library.  As a former homeschool mom, I definitely will be recommending the e-Resources to other homeschool  parents as a great way to add to their children’s education.

1 comment:

  1. As your blog post points out, Learning Express has a wide range of content and applications. You've made some really good discoveries and I'm excited with how you plan to promote the resources. If you run out of ideas for the newspaper article, the Electronic Services Coordinators post a "Featured Electronic Resource" of the month each month in the Cornerstone. You can use those articles if you would like. Here is the link to the archives: http://library.sd.gov/forlibrarians/enewsletter/archive/columns/eresource.asp

    ReplyDelete