Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lesson 6

When I checked out the titles available in Gale Virtual Reference Library, I was surprised. I knew they are “selected” titles, but frankly I had expected more availability for more obscure research items.

I did research on Bahai faith, since I know a family that follows that belief.  I knew nothing about it prior to reading the article.  It is an offshoot of a sect within the Muslim religion, and it preaches good works and peace oneness to its followers.  I thought that was a very interesting idea, since the Muslim faith and its beliefs regarding peace or conflict are in the forefront of the news right now.  The article also mentioned that the spiritual center for Bahai is in Israel.  This is an interesting fact:  all the world’s major religions have a claim on Israel!  The article was very complete, and covered the history and basic beliefs of the faith very well.  The article also had very complete citation information, making it easier for someone who has to write an English paper with citations and bibliographies.

The “Listen” feature did not work on my computer, but I think it would be a great feature for those who don’t read well or learn better by listening.


Kelcy25 was the only blogger who had this section done already.  I enjoyed reading her comments; she does a great job writing and explaining things! I enjoyed her references to clothing inventions/discoveries in the 1910s!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting discovery in Gale Virtual Reference Library. One of the strengths of this resource is being able to find more detailed information on a topic than one can typically find in a general encyclopedia.

    Thanks for your post,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "research topic" is very interesting! So many different beliefs!

    ReplyDelete